So here's what I did to embed a Picture Library SlideShow on the page ...
- First, I created a SharePoint Picture Library in the normal way and loaded up the images.
- Next, in the newly-created Picture Library, I selected View Slide Show from the Actions menu.
- This brings up the Slide Show in a new browser window. I right-clicked on the Slide Show and selected Properties.
- I highlighted the URL of the Slide Show and copied to the clipboard with the ctrl-c function.
- Then I placed a Page Viewer Web Part on the selected SharePoint page and added the URL from the clipboard. You may have to adjust the height of the Page Viewer Web Part to accommodate the size of image you're using.